Hello guys, how are you?
Whoever is a blogger and writes texts for the internet, always tries to keep up to date on various subjects. Among them is one of the most important for your post to have quality and stay in the Google ranking: SEO . But what would that acronym be? SEO means Search Engine Optimization in English , that is, Optimization for search engines.
It is a set of optimization techniques for websites, blogs, web pages. This aims to achieve organic rankings generating quality traffic to your blog. The more optimized your site the better the chances of appearing on the first page of Google searches. So, knowing that you want to appear on the first Google search pages, in this post I give you some tips to make it happen.
WHAT IS AN OPTIMIZED BLOG / SITE?
At first it took me a long time to learn about it, I got confused about optimization. I didn’t know if my blog was optimized, anyway, I floated lol. Until I started to read a lot about and understand a little more about this subject, which for those who have a blog is mega important.
Optimizing means creating favorable conditions to develop something in a well-executed manner . In the case of websites, optimization or SEO is based on structuring them to the appropriate standards for search engines like Google and the user.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR SITE / BLOG OPTIMIZED?
In addition to optimization for search engines like Google, the strategies used by SEO should mainly benefit the user experience. Optimizing the design of your website is one of the main factors that need more attention when you are building or redesigning it. However, it is important to use tools that favor good navigation. What directly influences your website design is:
Responsiveness: the action of adapting to the various screen formats available. An example is that the site is perfect both on the computer and on mobile devices. If the person enters your blog by cell phone and it is totally out of formatting, for sure they will leave soon and never come back.
Loading speed: how fast your site can load all content. Because nobody likes to stay on a website that crashes or does not load all content properly.
Site architecture: information on pages organized in a hierarchical manner. Everything right in its place.
This directly influences the user’s experience with your site, as they are factors with which the visitor has direct contact.
Create good, relevant content
Resolving your audience’s doubts should be the first option when structuring your content. Try to understand better by whom it will be consumed.
Try to use keywords throughout the text in a natural way. In addition to enriching your text, this will increase your chances of ranking on Google .
Good content goes far beyond writing and layout. It has to be unique and totally relevant to anyone who reads. Always try to be original, people like innovation.
Invest in TAGS
Meta tags are source codes that search engines use to understand what your site / blog is about. An example is the use of tags H1 through H6 to organize information within the content. The title is represented by the H1 tag , the others are used for the subtitles. In addition to the tags within your content, use the meta description well. It is a summary of the subject that was covered throughout the content.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS FOR THE TEXT TO BE INSIDE THE STANDARD OF SEO TECHNIQUES
When I started blogging I had no idea what SEO was and how important it was for my texts. I went to learn after reading many articles and studying more about it. I simply wrote the text and did nothing more to see if it was okay. Of course, this way my posts would never be ranked.
For those who use the Blogger platform there is no plugin that guides SEO , everything has to be done manually. But WordPress has Yoast SEO , I use and recommend it. It breaks a branch and helps a lot not to get lost in the text.
I will show here the requirements for a post to be good for SEO.
- The text must contain more than 300 words.
- The main keyword must be at the beginning of the title and in the first paragraph. And be cited at least 5 times in the text.
- Phrases in the text cannot contain more than 20 words without being separated by a period. And a paragraph cannot exceed 300 words . You have to separate them with subtitles .
- Use the main keyword in some subtitle.
- The post must contain images . And these images must have attributes , what we call the alt attribute of the image. This is nothing more than the description of each image in your post containing the keyword . The typical “for blind to see”. You have to describe the correct image, so that Google can rank and be able to optimize them.
- Meta description: I’ve talked about this before, the meta description is a summary of what your text is going to talk about. It is visible when the user searches on a certain topic on Google and your post appears.
- External and internal links: Your text must have at least one internal link (which will lead to your post) and external link , it can be someone’s post or the links on your social networks for example.
- Transition words: Finally, the text must have a percentage of transition words. Some of them are: and, but, because, only, by the way, after all, so, certainly, as, however, while, at last, first, mainly, primordially, and much more.
DO NOT STOP STUDYING! Be in search of new learnings, read a lot about these subjects. For there is always something to learn. Although we think we know everything, there is always something new coming out there, in this world that is the internet. I wrote this post based on my experiences already lived and that work for me, I’m sure it will work for you too. Just always improve and above all, never give up.
Basics of Website Optimization
See some concerns that we should have, in this subject that is increasingly sought after by everyone who wants to improve their positioning in Internet content search engines and discover mainly that you need to be patient when it comes to SEO.
But what is SEO?
Definition of SEO – Search Engine Optimization
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the practice of guiding the development or rehabilitation of a website so that it will naturally attract visitors by winning the ranking of the major search engines for your selected keywords.
Getting started with SEO
In order to optimize your website, you need to start by asking yourself 3 questions:
1. How are people looking for my products and / or services? What key words or phrases do they use when searching GOOGLE, BING, YAHOO, etc …?
2. Which sites are winning for these surveys, and why?
3. What searches can I win?
Once you have identified a series of keywords or search phrases that can potentially be won, you are ready to create a search engine optimization plan for your website.
First, review your website and determine if you have significant content already developed that is closely related to the key phrases you have identified. At a minimum, you need one or more pages of well-written content with useful information for each keyword family you’ve chosen.
Each page must be entirely centered on exactly one keyword family. An excellent example is an encyclopedia page. For competitive keywords, you will probably need to dedicate entire sections of your website to win just one sentence.
Your SEO Plan
A complete guide to search engine optimization would be a huge book, and would be out of date as soon as it was published, but here are some tips for building a website with search engine optimization in mind:
1. Each page on your website must have a unique title, keywords and meta tag description.
2. Follow the W3C’s recommendations for HTML in the document structure. Start the body of your pages with the keyword, and repeat it when necessary, as this will be the theme of the page in all its content. Display the keyword prominently, including it in the headings and put it in bold or italics.
3. Use text navigation on your website, and use the keywords you selected as the links. If you cannot use text navigation, include a footer on each page with text links.
4. Build a site map, text and link to it from each page of your site.
5. Organize your navigation according to the importance of your key phrases. If you break your site into too many pages, link internally to the most important pages on each page of your site, and link to other pages from the header section and the site map.
6. Introduce your website, submitting it to the main directories, Yahoo, Bing, Google and then build your popularity on subjects that have to do with your activities and your products by presenting links on websites related to the subject .
7. Do not forget to seek relevance to your company name with social media, maintaining profiles and pages with continuous content, making them active and integrated into your website. Well built this integration is a great way to drive traffic to your website and products.
8. Be patient and cultivate this quality to the fullest. Your optimization project may take some time to work. Review it constantly and make sure that you can no longer abandon it, your competitors will be discovering what you have done and can leave you behind.
Then try to find out what your most successful competitors do by analyzing them.
If you are still in doubt, contact us, as we can bring great analysis to your problem.